News, Insights & Resources
In 2010, mobile websites were a luxury. In 2012, they are a necessity. Here's why:
Invest in tomorrow.
- 63% of US smartphone owners make purchases on their smartphones at least monthly [Source]
- Smartphone owners outnumber standard phone devices [Source]
- Presently HTML5 "can do 95 percent of what we want” [versus native apps] says Thom
Cummings of Soundcloud [Source]
- Online shopping spiked 16.4% last Christmas day with 7% of purchases made on iPads [Source]
- iPad and iPhone shoppers account for 90% of all mobile purchases [Source]
- Gap Inc. cites mobile shopping as a major reason why it has tripled its online conversions in the
last year. [Source]
- eBay mobile sales grew from $600 million in 2009 to $4 billion in 2011 [Source, Source]
If you liked this article...