From our Beginner's Guide to WordPress.
Adding a new post
- Click Posts
- Click Add new
- Enter a title. (SEO Tip: 70 characters max!)
- Past your article in to the Visual editor.
- Under Featured Image, click "Set featured image" to set the post's thumbnail. (This may also used when people share your article.)
- In Excerpt, enter a short summary of your post. It should be 140 characters, just like a tweet.
- In the right sidebar, under Categories, check which category the article belongs in. Pick one. (If you choose a subcategory, your post is automatically included in its parent category.)
- Under Tags, enter your tags, separated with a comma. WordPress will auto-suggest tags as you type.
- You're ready! Click Publish post.