- My first loyalty in any web project is to the users.
- I will use the most up-to-date web standards and technologies to guarantee my users a positive experience.
- I will do the best I can to support the least capable of my users without compromising the experience of my best ones.
- I will always adhere to a separation of content and presentation in my markup.
- I will always use sensible and semantic CSS.
- I will not use HTML elements purely for presentation.
- I will design for the content.
- I will enhance my websites using semantic technologies wherever possible.
- While I understand and practice good SEO, I do not, and will not ever use black hat SEO techniques.
- I will do my best to support and educate my fellow web designers on the importance of web standards.
- I will not degrade my work, nor my industry, by working on spec.
- I shall not, through action or inaction, allow my company or my clients to use work on spec.
- If I meet a professional web designer who uses table layouts, I will punch him or her in the face for degrading our industry.
Source: Sneak-Attack Philosophy
by Bernard Yu